Government – Public Open Space
Haviland Park was established as a part of the final beautification works following the completion of Warragamba Dam.
Located adjacent to the visitors centre and viewing platforms, the park was previously not irrigated.
Sustainable Irrigation Solutions worked with Water NSW in providing
- An assessment, design and installation of an automatic irrigation system.
- Installation of a 40mm RPZ backflow device and housed in a galvanised cage.
- 50mm HDPE mainline with multicore for future controller upgrade, and class 12 PVC laterals.
- Hunter PGV-151 40mm solenoid valve w/Node.
- Rain Bird model 5004-SS gear drive sprinklers.
Local Council – Athletics Field – Sportsfield
Dunbar Park is located within the City of Ryde and is an athletics track primarily used on weekdays by local schools and on weekends by little athletics.
Sustainable Irrigation Solutions was engaged directly by the City of Ryde Council to carry out the following works:
- A complete re-design of the existing irrigation layout with the Council requirements of no sprinkler heads or valve boxes within the “landing zones” or running tracks.
- Installation of a 75mm HDPE ring main with electrofusion welded fittings and 63mm HDPE laterals.
- A Rain Bird ESP-LXMEF 24 station irrigation controller was mounted in the existing pump enclosure.
- Rain Bird model 150-PSEB 40mm solenoid valves.
- Rain Bird 8005-SS gear drive sprinklers w/#26 provided the closest possible head to head coverage for the project and Councils requirements.
Commercial – Sportsfield – Public Open Space
Monash Park had an existing irrigation system installed to the football playing area, but no sprinklers around the perimeter of the field.
Additional sprinklers were required around the perimeter for improved irrigation coverage.
Sustainable Irrigation Solutions was engaged directly to the City of Ryde Council to carry out the following works.
- Decommission the existing mains water supply from the current irrigation system, install new 63mm HDPE ring main with electrofusion welded fittings and reconnect to the existing PVC irrigation mainline.
- Installation of a new 7.5kw submersible pump and shroud into the existing 120,000 litre concrete tank, with new stainless panel including variable speed drive and Rain Bird ESP-LXMEF irrigation controller.
- 50mm HDPE was used for the lateral pipework.
- Rain Bird model 150 PSEB solenoids and Rain Bird 8005 SS gear drive sprinkler were installed as per Council specifications.
- Water NSW – Tallowa Dam
- Australian Botanic Gardens – Mount Annan
- HMAS Platypus
- Sydney Airport – T1 carpark^
- Parramatta Council – Royal Shores stage two^
- Parramatta Council – Boulevard Park^
- Blacktown Council – Blacktown Tennis Centre^
- SOPA – Hill Road street upgrade, Sydney Olympic Park Wharf^
- City of Ryde Council – Pioneer Park
- City of Ryde Council – Tuckwell Park
- Willoughby Girls High School^
- Tangara School for Girls
- Smithfield Public School
- Blacktown Boys High School^
- Baulkham Hills High School.
^ in conjunction with the principle contractor.