Sustainability

Level 1 Water Restrictions Are Now In Place

Sustainable Irrigation Solutions is a Sydney irrigation company that was formed to meet the growing need among Australian organisations for a fresh approach to managing water.

As population pressure on our number one sustainable resource increases, so does the need for practical, holistic & proactive water management solutions.

WHY SO IMPORTANT

With Sydney's new Level 1 Water Restrictions in place from 1st June 2019, the need for Sustainable & Smart irrigation solutions is not only important for our resource-scarce environment, but necessary by law.

In Australia the intelligent management of water resources is highest on the list of immediate priorities. According to the CSIRO, Australia’s population could reach 50 million by 2050, highlighting a set of urgent priorities in terms of managing the distribution and cost of water, coupled with the risks posed by the effects of climate change to what is already the driest inhabited continent on earth.

Furthermore, Australia’s arid landscape and high potential evaporation present real risks due to existing high demand for water to sustain crops and cities, while reservoirs and inland rivers continue to be depleted.

The need for world’s best-practice sustainability has never been greater.

THE INDUSTRY

Encouragingly, the global water management industry has grown apace over the past several years, both in terms of size, but most importantly in terms of the pace of innovation.

Systems for remotely monitoring and managing water usage utilising Smart controllers, intelligent software over digital networks are already having an impact. But there’s a long way to go.

WHAT WE'VE FOUND

On initial consultation with new clients, we have found the vast majority are spending 30% or more than they need on water each year.

There are three main reasons for this:
Old technology
Poor knowledge
Poor practices

WHAT WE'LL DO FOR YOU

We will successfully identify and address any of these existing sustainability issues and provide you with a successful Water Management strategy which will not only help our fragile environment but will save you money at the same time!

Key Benefits of Our Expert Service

Expert Consultation & Detailed Design
Knowledge & Access to the Worlds Leading Water Management Solutions
Deep Industry Experience of Systems Deployment
Professional and Ongoing Management & Monitoring
Efficient & Sustainable Solutions

READ MORE ABOUT HOW THE LEVEL 1 WATER RESTRICTIONS AFFECT YOU

SMART FACTS

97% of water on the earth is saltwater. The other 3% is potable however 2% of that is captured within the ice caps. Leaving us only 1%...

Using a sensor-based controller can reduce irrigation water usage by up to 70%

Around 40% of household water is used outdoors, of which as much as 50% is wasted